Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Enable/Disable ports in the AP-Specific config.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Enable/Disable ports in the AP-Specific config.

Posted May 29, 2015 06:20 AM

We have a mixed environment based on RAP155 and RAP109 located in the same network. We plan to deploy several sites with this pattern. We need eth1 and eth2 in RAP155 to be up because they are going to supply PoE to the RAP109, but we want to disable eth1 in RAP109, because we don´t want any user to connect to that port.

I've been trying to disable the eth ports in some of the APs in a cluster and haven't been able to find a way to do it. It seems you can only apply this config on a global level(per cluster). It would be nice if we cound enable/disable ethernet ports in the AP-Specific config.

• 2.  RE: Enable/Disable ports in the AP-Specific config.

Posted May 29, 2015 07:41 AM

HI Friend,

It is possible. you need to create a new "Ethernat interface 1 port " profile for RAP 109 and shut down the ETH 1 port and map it.

In your case you are modifying default profile and which is by deault mapped to all the ports.

For your ref :

Here in this config, I have selected a specific AP and creating a new profile " Eth1_profile_rap1". in this profile port is shut down and mapped to "Ethernet interface 1 port configuration"

AP_specific.png

Please feel free if you need more clarity on this.

• 3.  RE: Enable/Disable ports in the AP-Specific config.

Posted May 29, 2015 08:46 AM

In a controller based environment you can do what venu suggested if this is in a Instant cluster environment is not possible to do this today.

What you can do is apply a profile to the 4th port of your RAP-155 that way this configuration won't show up on the RAP-109 since it doesn't have a 4th port , that's the best you can do today.

Another thing you could do is post ap-specific settings RFE for an Instant cluster environment in the idea portal:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/ideaList.apexp

• 4.  RE: Enable/Disable ports in the AP-Specific config.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2015 11:22 AM

I believe Carlos is talking about Instant. As he points out, port status is a global config.

• 5.  RE: Enable/Disable ports in the AP-Specific config.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2015 11:25 AM

I've created the "idea" myself. You can vote for it here:

https://na27.salesforce.com/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08733000000LI0e