Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

Posted Oct 09, 2014 06:10 PM

did the factory_reset command in the CLI serial console.  I can see the AP boot fine and get an IP address. I cannot log into the GUI - browser times out. Have tried multiple computers and IAP reboots.

I do not have access to the 12volt power adapter to try the reset button and it does not appear to work with  poe power.

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2014 06:12 PM
    Do you see the “instant” provisioning SSID?

• 3.  RE: Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

Posted Oct 10, 2014 06:53 AM

I do not see an instant provisioning SSID - or any SSID not here beforehand.

I'll check with a differnet wifi adater

• 4.  RE: Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2014 08:04 AM

@avittech wrote:

did the factory_reset command in the CLI serial console.  I can see the AP boot fine and get an IP address. I cannot log into the GUI - browser times out. Have tried multiple computers and IAP reboots.

I do not have access to the 12volt power adapter to try the reset button and it does not appear to work with  poe power.

Any suggestions?

How is the AP powered? You mention you don't have the 12 volt power adapter and it doesnt work with PoE.

If you want to try the reset pin you can still do so. You mention you see it boot, so before plugging in whatever power source, hold the pin down, plug in power source, wait, watch it boot.

If it gets an IP, try connecting your computer to the same subnet as the AP and log into it directly via IP.

Instant SSID only broadcasts on 2.4Ghz (haven't followed up if that has changed). Make sure whatever device you use can see 2.4Ghz (i am 100% sure your device can). Just making sure here.

• 5.  RE: Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

Posted Oct 10, 2014 01:42 PM
    I have no instant SSID broadcasting on either IAP-225 (I have 2) I have them powered with the PoE+ injectors from Aruba When I try to use the reset button with the on PoE they do not respond like the directions say they should. Power light comes right on and off then on in 5 seconds I can log into the AP through terminal with admin admin so I know something reset.

• 6.  RE: Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

Posted Oct 10, 2014 01:45 PM
    Once you are logged in

Can you type show ap bss-table and paste the output.

Maybe even paste the running configuration

• 7.  RE: Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

Posted Oct 10, 2014 01:59 PM

I finally figured it out.

Once it boots up I saw the 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless led's lit amber, I thought it was ready. If I wait another few minutes 2.4 turns green and the instant SSID shows up.

If I wait to long the instant SSID goes away so I was missing it.

I am in both AP's now and thank you all for your help, I never expected answers this quickly!

• 8.  RE: Factory Reset IAP-225 no GUI

Posted Oct 10, 2014 04:12 PM
    you're welcome.

glad to be of help