Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware Upgrade in Hybrid Cluster IAP 205/215

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Firmware Upgrade in Hybrid Cluster IAP 205/215

Posted May 03, 2017 07:17 AM

Hello all,

In 1st place I would like to apologize if this topic was repeated, but ...
    I've a cluster with 55 IAPs of which 50 are IAP 205 and 5 are IAP 215 that configure a hybrid cluster.
    All right, the devices are running Instant OS version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0_57768 that is a major release.
    Recently at the aruba support site I seen that Instant OS version 6.5.2.0 was released as a major release too.
    OK, then I go to my virtual controller page then I clicked in Maintenance and at the Firmware tab. So I clicked in Check for New Version button to do it automatically but the final response was: -- No new version available --
    So I ask me why?
    When I have a hybrid cluster the firmware upgrade not occurs automatically?
    It's necessary do it manually? Downloading the correspondent firmware to individual IAP than upload it by http / ftp/ tftp... ?

Regards.

• 2.  RE: Firmware Upgrade in Hybrid Cluster IAP 205/215

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2017 09:17 AM

Are you seeing new version avaialble prompt in Automatic section?  If we have mulitiple model IAPs in cluster then we need to choose check the releated firmware box in maintainence page.

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: Firmware Upgrade in Hybrid Cluster IAP 205/215

Posted May 03, 2017 09:35 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the fast reply.
    I can't see new version available prompt in Automatic section.
    As I said, when I click in the Check for new version button, after a moment it returns the response: -- No new version available --
    As you can see in the attached image...
    My doubt is... Once the new image of Instant OS (5.2.0) was released as major release, why the automatic update says: No new version available ?
    Is it correct? In a hybrid cluster the automatic firmware update not work? I need to do it manually, passing the URL from my tftp / http server to each IAP model ?

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Firmware Upgrade in Hybrid Cluster IAP 205/215
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2017 09:54 AM

We have conservative (General Availabilty) and standard release (Early Availabitly) download section in support site. Currently 6.5.2.x is in standard release , I believe thats why it is not showing in new vesion avaialble list in IAPs.

Yes, you need to manually past the URL of individula model firmware codes to ugprade the cluster.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Firmware Upgrade in Hybrid Cluster IAP 205/215

Posted May 03, 2017 12:44 PM

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your explanation.

All seems clear to me now!

Regards.