Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Google Home mini And Google Chromecast best practice on Aruba Instant

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Google Home mini And Google Chromecast best practice on Aruba Instant

Posted Jan 25, 2020 03:39 PM

Hi,

I have an Aruba Instant network with Aruba IAP 315 access points release 8.6.0.2_73853.

I have problems with my Google Home's in my network for a long time, The thing is that my devices do not always see al my Google home devices when i want to cast spotify with my phone to one of the google homes. Sometimes I don't see any of the Google home and other times I see the al, and other times I just see 1 or 2. I tried a lot of different settings, which I found in other topice, I have the airgroup settings enabled.

I would like to know if there are best practice settings for an Instant cluster with Google Home's and Google Chromecasts?

• 2.  RE: Google Home mini And Google Chromecast best practice on Aruba Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2020 06:31 PM

When chromecast is on the same VLAN as that of Wireless users, Generally on the WLAN configuration, ensure you have either

broadcast  filtering = disabled or unicast-ARP only.

• 3.  RE: Google Home mini And Google Chromecast best practice on Aruba Instant

Posted Jan 26, 2020 01:00 PM

Thanks for your reply,

I have tried them both, buth that did not help.

What does help sometimes is to turn off my wifi on my client and reconnect again. Most off the Google Home mini's are then visable for a certain amount of time.

• 4.  RE: Google Home mini And Google Chromecast best practice on Aruba Instant

Posted Jan 26, 2020 04:44 PM

In addition to the broadcast filtering, try connecting to your AP using SSH and a program such as PuTTY and run the command "# show airgroup blocked-service-id". That should give you a list of blocked services that looks something like this:

AirGroup Blocked Service IDs
    ----------------------------
    Origin Service ID #response-hits
    ------ ---------- --------------
    192.168.178.5 _printer._sub._privet._tcp 2
    192.168.178.22 _googlezone._tcp 432
    Num Blocked Service-ID:2

Add the blocked services pertaining to your Google devices to your AirGroup settings as allowed services. In this example you would want to add "_googlezone._tcp" as a service ID in your AirGroup settings. Unblocking those services may also help solve your issue. At the beginning you could also tick "selectall" to disable all service blocking to see if your problem is related to these settings and then drill down using the process described above.

• 5.  RE: Google Home mini And Google Chromecast best practice on Aruba Instant

Posted Jan 29, 2020 02:51 AM

Hi JP Lauer,

Thanks for your reply, I just tried what you suggested, but unfortunately nothing is blocked, 

ACentral.pngRegards