Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Provisioning for IAPs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Provisioning for IAPs

Posted Jul 10, 2012 12:45 PM

Is there a roadmap for this feature on IAPs?    

• 2.  RE: Guest Provisioning for IAPs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2012 01:02 PM

You should talk to your local sales team about that.

• 3.  RE: Guest Provisioning for IAPs

Posted Jul 10, 2012 08:13 PM

Thanks for the reply, but the local sales team does not have the answer to this.   I was hoping to possibly get some feedback from other Aruba employees outside of my area that may have some insight into any future roadmap on the topic.   As a partner I see this request come in from customers repeatedly.   One response would be to sell Clearpass Guest/Amigopod, but most customers that are considering Instant are budget conscious, so a centralized provisioning portal is unavailable to them on the Instant platform. 

• 4.  RE: Guest Provisioning for IAPs

Posted Oct 22, 2012 05:34 AM

what exactly are you looking for? because it seems IAPs can do guest access and creating guest users, is it self provisioning?

• 5.  RE: Guest Provisioning for IAPs

Posted Oct 30, 2012 08:50 PM

Set up a guest ssid (and network vlan) and create local accounts. Make sure your PEF is configured appropriately.

I'm told that the IAP supports local captive portal but not external; however, this might change in upcoming versions of code.

• 6.  RE: Guest Provisioning for IAPs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2012 11:11 PM

IAP currently supports internal and external Captive Portal.

• 7.  RE: Guest Provisioning for IAPs

Posted Nov 06, 2012 05:13 PM

Here is the video showing you how to configure Aruba Instant Captive Portal using Internal authentication server. The demo is based on Aruba Instant OS 6.1.3.4_3.1.0.0.

(view in My Videos)