Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath

Posted Apr 16, 2018 09:26 AM

I have a customer running Instant OS and deploying Cloudpath for onboarding. I know how to configure Cloudpath for Ruckus and Cisco. I am stuck getting the MAC registration redirect back to the Instant controller for authorization. Cloudpath has a few pre-populated buttons for the authorization redirects, including Aruba. My guess is that it was written for a physical mobility controller, not Instant. Does anyone have the specific URL that Instant needs for Cloudpath to send the authorized MAC address to with the post information? Thanks!URL example pre-configured within CloudpathURL example pre-configured within Cloudpath

• 2.  RE: Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 10:08 AM
    It is the same for controllers and Instant. The FQDN will be the common name of your captive portal certificate.

• 3.  RE: Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath

Posted Apr 16, 2018 10:43 AM

So, using https://${switchip}/auth/index.html/u where "${switchip}" can be replaced by the FQDN and it should redirect the client back to Instant to drop the walled garden and authorize the MAC address? Am I understanding that correctly?

• 4.  RE: Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 10:45 AM
    The common name of the certificate, yes.

• 5.  RE: Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath

Posted Apr 16, 2018 10:51 AM

Oh, of the certificate. Ok. Normally with Ruckus or Cisco, it's the IP or name of the controller itself. Thank you for that clarification. I guess Cloudpath got it wrong when they include IP in the requirement for it.  Thank you very much.