Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Help with multiple IAP105 configuration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Help with multiple IAP105 configuration

Posted May 08, 2014 08:53 AM
      |   view attached

Hi.

I'm trying to set up 3 IAP015. One is on our network, and the two others are supposed to connect to our network from the neighbouring building. First, I set up AP1 and configured the WLANS. Second, I connected AP2 and AP3 to the same network and they both got the configuration from AP2. Then I moved AP2 to the neighbouring building. It connected to AP1 without any problems. Last, I connected AP3 to a location in the neighbouring building which didn't get any signal from AP1. Both AP2 and AP3 are connected to the same switch, but AP3 does not connect to AP2. Am i missing some bridging configuration or something? Attached is a simple sketch of the topology.

Cheers

Attachment(s)

pdf
    sketch.pdf   141 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Help with multiple IAP105 configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2014 10:27 AM

If AP2 and AP3 are supposed to mesh wirelessly, they cannot have their ethernet cables plugged in.  There are advanced deployment options when you can do something with the wired traffic connected to ethernet ports of meshed APS, but initially, you cannot have APs 2 and 3 points plug into ethernet if you are trying to wirelessly mesh them.

• 3.  RE: Help with multiple IAP105 configuration

Posted May 14, 2014 06:38 AM

AP2 is using PoE, so I need the cable. Furthermore, I've read on this forum that you don't have do use mesh mode since they are IAP's and not AP's, and that they can communicate through the cable if one of them is running wired bridge mode. Is this correct?

• 4.  RE: Help with multiple IAP105 configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2014 09:11 AM

• 5.  RE: Help with multiple IAP105 configuration

Posted May 14, 2014 01:32 PM

may be the  the multicast traffic is blocked such as the DHCP so that the AP3 is  not getting an IP add/ress

you can configure manualy the IP address of each IAP, after that configure the AP2 as master controleur.

it should work.