Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi guys. Is it possible the same SSID on IAPs assigned to differents VLANs?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hi guys. Is it possible the same SSID on IAPs assigned to differents VLANs?

Posted Nov 29, 2013 07:58 AM

Hi Guys,
    Please, i'd like a help regarding to IAPs setup.
    I have a customer that is using an IAP cluster with 2 SSID (guest and Corp) and has one VLAN per floor. Each floor has a different Access Point.
    He needs to assign the corp SSID to each VLAN on respective floor.
    When a user connect to corp SSID in the first floor, he will get the IP from this VLAN, but if the same user connect in the same corp SSID in the second floor, he will be assigned to IP of this VLAN.
    Is it possible to do it?

Thanks in advance for your attention and help.

Leandro Surcin

Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

• 2.  RE: Hi guys. Is it possible the same SSID on IAPs assigned to differents VLANs?

Posted Nov 29, 2013 08:40 AM

You can do this using role based matching the AP name or AP mac address and then applying a role that has the VLAN you want to use in that floor

Role : Second Floor which has VLAN 3

IAP name : IAP-Second Floor

2013-11-29 08_37_43-Instant.png

• 3.  RE: Hi guys. Is it possible the same SSID on IAPs assigned to differents VLANs?

Posted Nov 29, 2013 05:36 PM

This would only work if the corp SSID uses RADIUS.  Is it a RADIUS-based SSID like 802.1x?

• 4.  RE: Hi guys. Is it possible the same SSID on IAPs assigned to differents VLANs?

Posted Dec 10, 2013 11:29 AM

Thank you Victor. I'll use your information to setup this scenario.