Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

High Latency on Aruba IAP-225

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  High Latency on Aruba IAP-225

Posted Feb 15, 2015 11:53 AM

Hi All,

We have x1 IAP-225s , x1 Netgear Switch and x1 Router, It seems on Mobile devices and tablets the signal is really poor even though we are very close to the access point or in fairly close proximity. We are seeing RRT:28.181 ms - 29.240 ms when doing a PING test from the mobile device to the Router which is on the internal LAN so the response time should be around 5ms which is what it is on laptops connected to the same IAP-225. 

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 16.56.19.png

I am not sure what is causing this problem? Any ideas or suggestions on what i could try?

Thanks

Nisha

#AP225

• 2.  RE: High Latency on Aruba IAP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2015 12:14 PM

What is your regulatory domain?  Channel 116E can be a DFS channel.  Also, why are you using channel 7 in the b/g?

Please disable 80 mhz channels in the ARM profile and see if that helps.   Very few mobile clients support 

80 mhz channels.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/ARM/Configuring_ARM-Features.htm

• 3.  RE: High Latency on Aruba IAP-225

Posted Feb 16, 2015 03:18 AM

Hi,

I was told by Aruba to try and use 1,7,13 Channels as these are the best ones? Is this not the case?

I have tried disabling 80mhz but no difference really..

Anything else i can try?

• 4.  RE: High Latency on Aruba IAP-225

Posted Feb 16, 2015 03:30 AM

It depends on your regulatory domain, if you are in europe or a country that allows it, the best separation exists if you use 1, 7 and 13. The US only allows up to channel 11 which is why their channel plans are 1, 6 and 11.

• 5.  RE: High Latency on Aruba IAP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2015 04:30 AM

@nishabharadia wrote:

Hi,

I was told by Aruba to try and use 1,7,13 Channels as these are the best ones? Is this not the case?

I have tried disabling 80mhz but no difference really..

Anything else i can try?

nishabharadia,

Do you already have a case open with Aruba?  If so, please escalate it with them if this is an important  issue.  On this forum we would just be guessing because we do not have your diagnostic information.

Again, what is your regulatory domain?  That will determine what the best channels are.

Is this a single IAP deployment?  If so, do you have "Broadcast Filtering" set to "ALL"?  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/CaptivePortal/ConfWLANGuest.htm

• 6.  RE: High Latency on Aruba IAP-225

Posted Feb 26, 2015 01:42 AM

You can see high latency when there is a high noise floor and clients are re-transmitting packets. The numbers are all over the place on signal strength for the clients. Is there any possible RF interference?

Matt