Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?

Posted Jul 30, 2014 10:34 AM

Hi,

I would like to install the second AP directly to the first one using the second ethernet port without any switht. The second port light status is flashing but the 2nd AP dosen't work well (it show lights) then I don't know why. 

I pay attention in power status on  "show ap debug system-status". I found the follow information:

Power Status ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current HW State POE: One Ethernet port disabled; USB port disabled; 1x3 chain for 2.4GHz; 3x3 chain for 5GHz

do you know if the problem is in power status (It says "one ethernet port disabled")?  How can i change de power stauts mode?

Do you know another reasons why the second AP it dosen't work?

Thanks for all,

• 2.  RE: How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?

Posted Jul 30, 2014 10:40 AM

The AP-225 requires 802.3at PoE to enable all features including the second Ethernet port.    From your logs it appears that you are powering the AP-225 using 802.3af PoE.  As such, the AP is running in Power Efficient mode and will disable: 2nd Ethernet port, USB port (if present), and go to a single chain in 2.4GHz.

• 3.  RE: How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?

Posted Jul 30, 2014 10:43 AM

If I would like to use the second eth port, how can i change my AP to 802.3at PoE?

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?

Posted Jul 30, 2014 10:45 AM

The switch that is powering the AP-225, via PoE, must support 802.3at.

What switch vendor and model are you using to power the AP-225 currently?

• 5.  RE: How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?

Posted Jul 30, 2014 10:53 AM

I not using a Po switch, I am powering the AP via special adapter. The reference is PowerDsine 3501G.

Now i found the datasheet information and It only works in 802.3af.

Thanks for all,

• 6.  RE: How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Take a look at the PD-9001.  This supplies 802.3at

• 7.  RE: How can i able the second Ethernet port on 225AP?

Posted Jul 31, 2014 09:28 PM
    Sounds to me like the AP is in restricted mode because it's either not connected to 802.3at or isn't seeing 51V on 802.3af.