Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

Posted Jul 01, 2017 10:31 AM

Hi all,

i am new to Aruba so please guide me.. i have 5 x IAP 225 access point. i want them to deploy as VC mode so 1 become master. 

- i want to configure 2 SSID 

- should i configure 1st AP with 2 ssid and VC configuration and then connect this on Network. and once it will start braodcosting the SSID then i will connect remaining 4 IAP with network and i wont configure anything on these 4 IAP and they will automatically join the Master AP ?

please correct me if i am wrong and also reffer me any guide for deployment. 

please guide me in this regard 

• 2.  RE: How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2017 10:35 AM
    Configure the first IAP with all of your SSIDs. When you bring up all the other IAPs, they will obtain the config from the master.

• 3.  RE: How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

Posted Jul 01, 2017 10:54 AM

Hi joseph

thanks for your reply...just validate my procedure 

1- i will connect the 1st AP with switch and it will broadcost Instant SSID

2- i will configure the 2 SSID 

3- i will configure only the NAME and VC IP under system tab 

4- now i will connect remaing 4 IAP with switch and these IAP will become part of VC cluster automatically.

5- should i configure switch port as Trunk or Access port as i have 2 SSID ?

6-i connected 1st IAP with switch and switch port was configured as TRUNK port. so IAP did not take IP from DHCP server instead it was using IP from 169 subnet..but it was broadcosting INSTANT SSID, do i need to change configure switch port as access port.

7- if it is trunk port then how IAP will IP from DHCP ? should i manually configure the IP on access port ? how IAP will knows, which VLAN it belongs to ? 

Regards

Hashim 

• 4.  RE: How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2017 11:02 AM
    Hashim,

You need to configure a trunk port on all access points. All access points will obtain an management IP address on the untagged vlan of the switchport via DHCP. You can assign a virtual IP address on that subnet to the cluster and the master will always answer to that IP address.

• 5.  RE: How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

Posted Jul 01, 2017 11:37 AM
    Spoiler
    Hi Joseph
    just correct me regarding management VLAN 
    1- in my setup i have total 4 VLAN
       i- Data VLAN 16
       ii- Wifi VLAN 35
      iii- Guest-Wifi VLAN 36
      iv- Management VLAN 20
    vlan 1 is the native vlan but without any IP assign to it. i am using Management VLAN 20 for the switches management.
    let me correct if i am wrong 
    1- all switch ports will be trunk 
    2- i will allow all vlan as well as native vlan on trunk which is in my case is VLAN 1 (without any IP assigfn to it)
    3- i'll configure DHCP serevr subnet for native VLAN 1 and all IAP will take IP from the native VLAN subnet ? VC IP will also be from NATIVE VLAN subnet ?
    4- i cannot use already existing management subnet because that is not NATIVE VLAN 

Regards

Hashim

• 6.  RE: How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

Posted Jul 01, 2017 11:53 AM

Hi Joseph
    just correct me regarding management VLAN 
    1- in my setup i have total 4 VLAN
       i- Data VLAN 16
       ii- Wifi VLAN 35
      iii- Guest-Wifi VLAN 36
      iv- Management VLAN 20
    vlan 1 is the native vlan but without any IP assign to it. i am using Management VLAN 20 for the switches management.
    let me correct if i am wrong 
    1- all switch ports will be trunk 
    2- i will allow all vlan as well as native vlan on trunk which is in my case is VLAN 1 (without any IP assigfn to it)
    3- i'll configure DHCP serevr subnet for native VLAN 1 and all IAP will take IP from the native VLAN subnet ? VC IP will also be from NATIVE VLAN subnet ?
    4- i cannot use already existing management subnet because that is not NATIVE VLAN 

Regards

Hashim

• 7.  RE: How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2017 12:24 PM

Make VLAN20 the untagged vlan on your trunk that connects to each IAP.  The IAP will think that it is VLAN1 and that will be it's management VLAN.  Make sure that the other user VLANS 16,35,36 and 20 are tagged on each trunk that connects to the IAPs.  When you create your SSIDs, just put the VLANs as 16,35,36 and 20 and your user traffic will work, just like they should.  I hope this makes sense.

• 8.  RE: How to Configure 5 x IAP 225 with VC master

Posted Jul 02, 2017 01:32 PM

thanks joseph for your support 

today i deployed the APs in a cluster successfully