Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure AP-105 from command line? Need to assign controller manually via CLI

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to configure AP-105 from command line? Need to assign controller manually via CLI

Posted Jun 10, 2015 06:39 PM

Screwed up and did AP wizard from controller, but did "automatic" instead of "manual" for controller. Now, every AP not on the subnet of the controller is disconnected and rebooting over and over, with no way of connecting other than console cable.

The ip address is set, what cli commands will set the controller ip?

Any other commands I might need?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: How to configure AP-105 from command line? Need to assign controller manually via CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2015 06:45 PM

If you have a DNS server in your environment, setup an "a-record" that resolves "aruba-master.<domain>" to the ip address of your controller.

• 3.  RE: How to configure AP-105 from command line? Need to assign controller manually via CLI

Posted Jun 10, 2015 07:16 PM
    Thanks, that probably would have worked, had I statically set the domain correctly. I heard .com and it really is .coop

Stephen