Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

Posted Sep 16, 2013 02:30 PM

I have 4 IAP-105 that wont communicate across a HP POE.  They will see each other on a simple switch, and can setup Virtual Controller.  When I hook up to POE, they only show the master, others do not connect.  All lights come up, but both 11A/N and 11B/G/N do not go to amber.   Can connect to Master by IP or Virt IP, others will redirect to master.  Can also ping each of them, and can see them individually with others powered down.  Any one with an idea?

PS also stumped my local 3rd party Network Technicians.

• 2.  RE: How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2013 02:32 PM

Are the AP's in the same subnet on the HP switch?

• 3.  RE: How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

Posted Sep 16, 2013 02:33 PM

Yes.

• 4.  RE: How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

Posted Sep 16, 2013 03:22 PM

"All lights come up, but both 11A/N and 11B/G/N do not go to amber" Is this valid for all the IAPs or just one ?

Can you plug your laptop to the same switch and ping the IAPs ?

How are the IAPs getting an IP address ?

• 5.  RE: How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

Posted Sep 16, 2013 07:46 PM

Connect to the conosle port and watch the AP boot it often gives a good clue and sometime points out the issue clearly.

• 6.  RE: How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

Posted Sep 17, 2013 08:25 AM

The AP's are getting DHCP from a SonicWall vlan.  Yes, I can ping each AP from that switch or even another on another vlan.  All the AP's act the same.  If I unplug the master and let another boot up, it will take its place with what ever config is loaded on only that AP.  So If I reset one, it will show as "instant", or if I upload a config manually, it shows that, but the rest will error.

• 7.  RE: How to get IAP-105 to communicate across HP POE?

Posted Sep 18, 2013 07:06 PM

Have you tried using another HP switch , just rule out that the switch could be faulty ?