Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to remove a device from Airwaves

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How to remove a device from Airwaves

Posted Mar 20, 2018 12:14 AM

Bought an IAP-305 on Ebay.  It is connected to someone else's Airwave account.  A factory reset does not help.  The seller knows nothing about this.  Is there any way to get the unit removed from the account?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How to remove a device from Airwaves

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 05:39 AM

Hi,

Factory reset will remove the Airwave details from IAP. Were you able to login to IAP GUI ?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-do-I-set-up-Aruba-Instant-into-AirWave-manually/ta-p/181278

Check if you still have Airwave details in admin page. Try remove it manually if you still the details.

Note: When you login to IAP GUI down the page, you will see the status whether devcie is connected to Airwave or not.

• 3.  RE: How to remove a device from Airwaves

Posted Mar 20, 2018 08:41 AM

Hi.  I did a factory reset.  When I first logged in to the GUI, I was prompted about the Central trial.  Within a minute, the device reconnected and repopulated the Airwaves info showing Airwaves at the bottom of GUI Isn't this the way it is supposed to work so you can send a device to someone and have it automatically configured.  

I tried to add the device to my inventory in Aruba Central with no luck.

I have experienced this behavior before.  I can remove the info manually, but in the past it has come back and gone as far as completely reconfiguring the device.  I see others complaining of this in the forum and had to blacklist the aruba domain to stop it.

How do I get it out of the Aruba HP database so I can start fresh?

• 4.  RE: How to remove a device from Airwaves

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 08:55 AM

Has this IAP come from another account/customer? If you speak to TAC they can remove this from the previous owners account. Either that or you can deny HTTPS to the Internet from the IAP, but this isn't really recommended.

• 5.  RE: How to remove a device from Airwaves

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 09:40 AM

Hi ,

As stated by Craig in previous post, please contact our Aruba support with device serial number details who can help to unmap the device from old account and mapped to your account.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/