Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to remove manually added device.

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  How to remove manually added device.

Posted May 05, 2017 06:12 AM

I have an broken IAP which is replaced. I deleted the old AP in the monitoring - access points and unsubscripted the AP on devices & subscriptions. Now I still see the AP based upon serial and mac address and I want to remove this. I can't find any answer on the discussion boards so I hope somebody knows.

• 2.  RE: How to remove manually added device.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2017 06:55 AM

Could you share the screen shot for better understanding? Are you tyring to remove old IAP from VC or Airwave ?

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: How to remove manually added device.

Posted May 05, 2017 07:24 AM
      |   view attached

Attached the screenshot.

Removing the device from Aruba cloud central.

• 4.  RE: How to remove manually added device.

Posted May 06, 2017 10:27 AM
    Hi Migiel,

Is there a TAC ticket which was opened to track the replacement?

If yes, please share the ticket no.

The faulty device could still be part of your activate account which automatically syncs the device inventory with Central.

We need to remove it from your Activate account so that the device does not reflect on Central anymore.

• 5.  RE: How to remove manually added device.

Posted May 13, 2017 06:19 AM
    But I'm not aware that I have an activate account. The iaps appear in central and I do nothing else. Please explain what the activate account is that I should have?

• 6.  RE: How to remove manually added device.

Posted May 15, 2017 01:59 AM

Hi Migiel,

Customer does need to have activate account necessarily.

We maintain the device inventory on activate & track the devices purchased by customers.

If you can share the TAC ticket for the RMA that was done, i can check on the status of the serial no of defective device in the inventory.