Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Hyper-v Airwave 7.7.9 Upgrade Linux Intergration Services

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hyper-v Airwave 7.7.9 Upgrade Linux Intergration Services

Posted Feb 13, 2014 03:01 PM

Hi,

Today i have been trying to upgrade the Linux Intergration Services on a hyper-v installation.
    AirWave version 7.7.9.

AirWave comes with a really old Linux intergration Services pre-installed version 3.1 released in 2011.

I create my hyper-v guest using an legacy adapter to be able to install phase 1 Centos 6.2.

When its done I logon as root, mount the LIC 3.5 iso, run the upgrade or installation.sh (have tried both),

I get one error: Warning: /lib/modules/2.6.32-358-18.1.e16.x86_64/weak-updates/microsoft-hyper-v/hyperv_fb.ko needs unknown symbol vmbus_proto_version.

Then it says Linux intergration services for Hyper-v has been upgraded. I restart the server and still the Linux intergration services is 3.1.

airwave_1.PNG

after restart:

airwave_2.PNG

Have anyone else succeded or tried? I have no deep knowledge in Linux/Centos, but i believe the upgrade is failing because the LIC 3.1 package have been complied into the kernal? Because i cant see or list the package with rpm -qa | grep microsoft. As i am able to do on pure centos6.2 installation, with LIC 3.5 successfully installed.

Another notice is that you can use the standard network adapter. You just need to install Centos with the Legacy one, when centos is installed, remove the Legacy add a standard network adapter edit the ifcfg-ehto with the HWADDR for the new standard adapter. You also need to create a new empty ifcfg-eth1, because thats the current identity of the standard adapter now restart the server and standard should be assign to ifcfg-eth0 that requires fo the amp-install.

You now get the hv_netsvc that provides support for synthetic adapter.

airwave_3.PNG

I am just curious if this is possible to do or if you have any plans to upgrade this? So we can skip the legacy adapter for better performance as LIC 3.5 is released with major upgrades and has support for centos 6.2

• 2.  RE: Hyper-v Airwave 7.7.9 Upgrade Linux Intergration Services

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2014 10:27 AM

An excellent suggestion to file into the ideas portal on the support site.  Especially since no current changes are planned for the upcoming 8.0 release.