Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller

Posted Feb 05, 2015 02:17 PM

I just need a total number

• 2.  RE: I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2015 02:20 PM
    The recommendation is 128.

• 3.  RE: I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller

Posted Feb 05, 2015 02:38 PM

Thank you We have some 93's and with 16 the limit I didnt want to buy a bunch and be that limited. again thanks

• 4.  RE: I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller

Posted Feb 05, 2015 06:45 PM
    Hi,

IAP-93 is the only platform with the 16 AP limit. All other platforms will not have any physical limit but our recommended best practice will be 128 for all of them.

Thanks,

Yan

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller

Posted Feb 11, 2015 12:25 AM

So I understand, that an IAP 205 can be used in instant mode and works as a wireless controller for another 128 IAP 205. right?

We can go with one IAP serving as WLC for rest of the 128 (maximum recommended limit) IAP in the network?

Is the recommended limit of 128 hold for all the IAP models except IAP93?

• 6.  RE: I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller

Posted Feb 15, 2015 10:13 AM

@Syed Inamdar wrote:

So I understand, that an IAP 205 can be used in instant mode and works as a wireless controller for another 128 IAP 205. right?

We can go with one IAP serving as WLC for rest of the 128 (maximum recommended limit) IAP in the network?

Is the recommended limit of 128 hold for all the IAP models except IAP93?

1) the IAP 205 is an instant, so yes it can do instant :) you can create a cluster of upto unlimited instants but the advise is max 128 in one cluster

2) seems like the same question. within a cluster there is just one master, any other option you don't got.

3) yes.

• 7.  RE: I am trying to find out how many IAP 205's can be connected to virtual controller

Posted Feb 05, 2015 02:29 PM

No physical limitations; but as Tim mentions; 128 is the recommended number.