Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

I can't convert RAP3WN from IAP mode to Remote managed by controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  I can't convert RAP3WN from IAP mode to Remote managed by controller

Posted Dec 12, 2013 03:20 AM

I can't convert rap3wn from IAP mode to remote managed by mobility controller to bring it up on controller note that my controller have AOS 6.1.3.10 and instillation guide for the rap3wn say that AOS must be 6.1.4.0 and it is not existing on Aruba site and I tried all the version of 6.2.x.x and it say must upgrade lower version ..

Please need to solve this ISSUE because I have an upset client  .

Thanks,

best regards,

Ehab Atef kamel

CCNA ,CWNA ,CWNP ,ACMA ,ACMP

• 2.  RE: I can't convert RAP3WN from IAP mode to Remote managed by controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 05:17 AM

Version 6.1.4.1 is under the Technology foler.  Ugrade to this first and once the RAP3s are done, consider moving up to 6.2.x.

• 3.  RE: I can't convert RAP3WN from IAP mode to Remote managed by controller

Posted Dec 12, 2013 07:41 AM
      |   view attached

i dounloaded 6.1.4.1 and the rap goes up on the controller but it reboted several  time ,there are alot of flags and i think the problem intend at E = regulatory domain mismatched  

kindly find attached file 

thanks for your help 

• 4.  RE: I can't convert RAP3WN from IAP mode to Remote managed by controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 07:49 AM

I've never had that error before.  Try to reset the AP and then in the initial config set the reg domain to match the controller.  Then try to reprovision to controller.

• 5.  RE: I can't convert RAP3WN from IAP mode to Remote managed by controller

Posted Dec 12, 2013 08:33 AM

i changed the regulatory domain from  regulatory domain profile under apconfiguration ,ap profile ,and now it is up and every thing is ok .

thank you for your co-operation and hope to have a nice day