Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

I'm setting up an IAP200 - can't get to the Instant UI - when connected to instant ssid

I'm setting up an IAP200 as a trial, as a single AP (not connected to an AP network). The instructions say to connect to the "instant" SSID, which I did, then to go to http://instant.arubanetworks.com to configure, but I can't get to it. Looking for suggestions!  : )

Guru Elite

Re: I'm setting up an IAP200 - can't get to the Instant UI - when connected to instant ssid

Are you supplying the instant AP with DHCP?

Do you get an ip address on your client that can resolve a DNS address?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

Re: I'm setting up an IAP200 - can't get to the Instant UI - when connected to instant ssid

I had an IP, which was in the same range as the DNS source (173...). I guess I assumed that I was getting DHCP from the AP. Bad assumption?

Occasional Contributor I

I should say that this AP is plugged directly into my cable modem. I believe that my old AP was supplying my DHCP, not the modem.

Guru Elite

Is your client on the same subnet as the AP, or does it get a private address?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

The IP of the client and the AP (listed as gateway) were in the same subnet.

Occasional Contributor I

Here is more information:

Client IP: 172.31.98.183

Subnet Mask: 255.255.254.0

Router: 172.31.98.1

DNS: 208.67.222.123

Could not ping the router, could not ping instant.arubanetworks.com

Did a lookup of instant.arubanetworks.com which returned 169.254.60.90 - could not ping this.

(FYI: client is a Mac) Hope this is helpful!

Occasional Contributor I

Hi, can I get some more ideas? I appreciate any help!

rhaeger wrote:

Did a lookup of instant.arubanetworks.com which returned 169.254.60.90 - could not ping this.

rhaeger wrote:

Guru Elite

Do you see the instant SSID?  Can yo figure out what ip address the instant AP got and browse to that address?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

I could not ping the router, could not ping instant.arubanetworks.com

Did a lookup of instant.arubanetworks.com which returned 169.254.60.90 - could not ping or get to this.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: