Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 103 broadcasting low (54) mbps rates.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 103 broadcasting low (54) mbps rates.

Posted Dec 22, 2014 07:37 AM

Hi people,

Im created 3 IAP103 AccessPoints to use for Site Surveys.

What happend is that I created a normal SSID with both 2,4ghz and 5 ghz enabled, I disabled the option that will disable the SSID when there is no link on the port, that all works.

Now, when I check the SSID's it sends out (through Ekahau with an NIC300 WLAN adapter), now what I see is this:

Knipsel.PNG

In the Image above you see there are the configured 40mhz 5ghz channel and the 2,4ghz 11n channel. But where do the 54Mbps ssids come from?

• 2.  RE: IAP 103 broadcasting low (54) mbps rates.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:19 AM

Patrick s,

Why not connect to it and see what rate your client gets...

• 3.  RE: IAP 103 broadcasting low (54) mbps rates.

Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:23 AM

Its not about what the clients are connected with, these AccessPoints are only for Survey means.

Normaly it never shows those low rates. I just after I gave it a factory reset it started broadcasting those SSID's. I just want to know what caused this or how to disable them.

• 4.  RE: IAP 103 broadcasting low (54) mbps rates.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:25 AM

Patrick s,

Without connecting a client to the survey SSID or using another application to view the rates that are displayed, we cannot really explain why Eckahau is reporting those rates.

EDIT:

Please use INSSIDER, packet capture tool or another program to see if still reports it as 54 so that we can determine if there is a bug in the AP103 or if there is an issue with Eckahau.