Controllerless Networks

MVP Guru

Re: IAP-103 upgraded, wont allow GUI login repeats "turn off mobility" at console

Chris,

You should always check the product part number (SKU) that is on the white sticker (right in the image below). The black label is the same for AP, IAP, and all country variants and shows the model as it has gone through FCC (and others) testing. This is true for all AP's and IAP's: just check the part number on the attached white sticker: 

2017-01-06 17_34_07-IMG_20170106_173237.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.png

As explained before, you cannot run Instant firmware on an AP-103 access point, you will need an IAP-103 version. If you try to flash Instant Firmware from the apboot, you will see the 'turning off mobility' messages and the AP will not come online, which has been mandated by FCC (and other) regulations.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

Re: IAP-103 upgraded, wont allow GUI login repeats "turn off mobility" at console

Any idea what this part number would indicate?

01-06-2017 11-00-22 AM.jpg

Guru Elite

Did you do a google search for that part number?  It is not familiar to me.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

Even better:  You can ask the organization that you got it from, what it means...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Unfortunately, I got them from eBay as-is (I know, not a good idea, but we were in a pinch) Of course now I'm in an even bigger pinch because I can't get half of them to work :(

I did a google search but didn't come up with much. Just one result of an inventory list of some kind. Didn't help much.

Guru Elite

The inventory list had a part number that has OAW-AP103 (Alcatel), which is NOT an IAP, but a Campus AP...

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Well, it's not the answer I was hoping for, but it looks like I just have to face the music.

Will I be able to flash these back to the non-instant standard image?

Guru Elite

Reset button?

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

I think I may have upgraded both partitions on one of the APs. Is that one shot?

Guru Elite

You can try flashing it with an IAP Image from here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=21997

No guarantees it will work, though.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: