Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 104 with external AP-ANT-13B antenna.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 104 with external AP-ANT-13B antenna.

Posted Mar 24, 2014 02:57 PM

Has anyone deployed an IAP 104 with 4x AP-ANT-13B with good results? 

I am looking to deploy this setup in a ship for 4-6 crew cabins, one AP should be enought the issue I have is all the metal everywhere, so if I deply one AP in the Hallway, as soon as doors are closed the WiFi signal drops off. I was thinking of putting the IAP 104 in and running 1x AP-ANT-13B to the ceilings of the cabins. 

I wondered if this would be adequate of if I am better off with a higher gain Yagi style antenna(s) hidden in the Ceilings?

Thanks 

Rob.

• 2.  RE: IAP 104 with external AP-ANT-13B antenna.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 08:39 AM

Without knowing the environment, this can be tricky.  Even if the signal is strong enough from the AP, can the AP hear the return from the client?  

I would say run the AP or antenna to the room itself.  Depending on the length of the antenna cable, keep in mind the dB loss over distance.  

• 3.  RE: IAP 104 with external AP-ANT-13B antenna.

Posted Mar 26, 2014 03:47 PM

My idea Seth was to locate the AP in the corridor ceiling and then run the 4 antenna to the cabins one per cabin so the layout resembles a 4 pointed star.

I will let you know how we proceed!

Rob.