Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105 Booting up as normal AP105 out of the box?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-105 Booting up as normal AP105 out of the box?

Posted Jan 16, 2012 04:50 PM
    I got a box of 8 new IAP105's here and started them all up today to update them to the latest code and 1 of them cannot find the Aruba Instant network I created. Auto-join is on, on the elected master. Its weird, i also have dual 620's in my lab and that IAP105 that cannot find the Aruba Instant elected master will find my 620 controller as a master and boot up to it as an Air Monitor which is my default profile on my master controller. I disconnected my 620 controllers from my test environment. I tried purging the IAP105 many times, I tried "clear os" from the apboot menu twice. I tried the "factory_reset" option a few times. I tried the reset process as highlighted in the install guide with a paperclip twice and large safety pin 3 times and i see it saying "clearing os" or whatever it says when you do the reset process on the IAP but every time it still boots up as an normal AP105 looking for a master. I saw another thread about a possible corrupt image and there was a link to apboot commands, but that link takes you no where. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Should I manually try to load an Aruba Instant OS image to the IAP105? wanted to check here first before doing that.

• 2.  RE: IAP-105 Booting up as normal AP105 out of the box?

Posted Jan 16, 2012 06:24 PM
    Hi, Can you please share the serial number of the misbehaving IAP-105? Regards, Anupam

• 3.  RE: IAP-105 Booting up as normal AP105 out of the box?

Posted Jan 17, 2012 08:30 AM

SN:BE0105584

thanks.

• 4.  RE: IAP-105 Booting up as normal AP105 out of the box?

Posted Jan 18, 2012 02:27 AM
    Did you get in touch with Customer support ? In the meanwhile I am tracking down this serial number.

• 5.  RE: IAP-105 Booting up as normal AP105 out of the box?

Posted Jan 18, 2012 07:49 AM

Not yet. I was hoping there was something I could try on my own to fix it. But if there isn't I will just call the TAC.

• 6.  RE: IAP-105 Booting up as normal AP105 out of the box?

Posted Jan 18, 2012 11:25 AM

called TAC, they suspect hardware issue and getting the IAP105 RMA'ed.