Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Re: IAP-105 Radius Authentication Problem

Yes we do and all the APs are staticly assigned also.

BTW, just to be clear the VC has its own IP such as 172.12.3.2 and the APs are addressed such as 172.12.3.3, 172.12.3.4, etc. I have even tested this problem with a previous unopened AP....same results.

Guru Elite

..and when you take the current VC offline, the newly elected VC can be reached via the VC address, correct?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Yes. All device and the VC have static IPs.

Sorry, disregard that last IP related post. Yes, when I take down either one of the two IAP-105 access points the other becomes the VC AND the RADIUS authentication works also. It is only when more than one AP is powered on that we see this problem. It also does not matter if we have two or three APs on (we own 5 which we want to deploy one day) only the AP hosting the VC will authenticate to the domain. Also, again, the guest wifi works no matter how many APs are on...as it should.

Aruba Employee

It would also be help ful to get the output of "show tech-support".  You can do this by clicking the "Support" link on the upper right

of the UI, select "AP Tech Support Dump" from the Command drop-down list, and clicking run.  Then click save results to display the result in a new browser window.  Finally, you can copy and paste the content of this into a new message in Airheads social, for us to debug.

Highlighted

I am uploading the dump file. See attached. Thanks.

Guru Elite

Is this the access point WITH the problem?  Please upload the tech support WITH the auth problem...  This one seems to be working.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP Expert

I'm coming to this conversation late, but I don't see this point yet:

In RADIUS server setup, be sure to put the "NAS IP Address" as the VC IP address, and

In Advanced tab enable "Dynamic RADIUS Proxy"

I'd had similar issues until I set those both.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Guru Elite

msabin,

The Author of this thread says that he has already done both of those things, so we have to take a closer look.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: