Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105, captive portal, and HTTPS

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-105, captive portal, and HTTPS

Posted Oct 23, 2012 11:44 AM

To my amazement, it seems that you can't enable HTTP over HTTPS for captive portal. 

I called and according to the tech, I can't upload a cert even if I go out and purchase one. 

Why would Aruba do this? Why force uncertified HTTPS? We're going to get non-stop requests on, "Why is this page red? Should I proceed?"

Is this all true, is there an easy workaround? Are there any plans about changing this? Maybe even a beta firmware?

If not, if someone could just give me a good reason why Aruba would do this. What is the logic behind this? Is there a place were customers can make requests for future features?

I'm regretting buying so many of these and deploying them to our remote offices.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: IAP-105, captive portal, and HTTPS

Posted Oct 23, 2012 11:49 AM

What version of code are you running on the IAP? 

• 3.  RE: IAP-105, captive portal, and HTTPS

Posted Oct 23, 2012 11:51 AM

I should have added that.... I think I'm running the latest version: ArubaInstant_Orion_6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0_35320

• 4.  RE: IAP-105, captive portal, and HTTPS

Posted Oct 23, 2012 11:55 AM

Upload-new-cert.png

Go to Maintenance and select the "Certificates" tab. You will see an option of "Upload New Certificate". 

• 5.  RE: IAP-105, captive portal, and HTTPS

Posted Oct 23, 2012 12:02 PM

Thanks for the response, hthakker. 

The tech support person told me that's only for a proxy server? Maybe he was mistaken or misunderstood?

Also, for me to create a new cert, don't I need to have a private key? How would I go by obtaining that?

EDIT: I meant, don't I need a CSR?