Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 default password not accepted

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 default password not accepted

Posted Feb 04, 2015 09:58 AM

Took over school district with Aruba APs.  The old tech left some documentation but the password he left for the INSTANT admin login didn't work.  Tried to access the console to reset with the default user and password but it does not work for aruba IAP 105. used admin forgetme! but keeps asking for user in CLI.

will this only work if you have the MASTER VC or should it work on any of the APs

Thanks for any help you can give me.

bob

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 default password not accepted

Posted Feb 04, 2015 10:07 AM

Hi ,

When you console the cluster, it always redirected to the Master IAP, if you wanna reset the password of a specific IAP, remove it from the cluster and reset it.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: IAP 105 default password not accepted

Posted Feb 04, 2015 11:16 AM

Thanks, now I just have to find the Master VC

that might be an issue since they weren't given names that make sense.  all I see is IP numbers... no location.. YUCK!

I thnk I am going to have to walk the halls and climb ladder and pull the ethernet cables to power them off to just leave ONE AP so it can become master.

looks like I have to find 9 of them in 4 buildings.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: IAP 105 default password not accepted

Posted Feb 04, 2015 01:55 PM

if you know the IP of the master you can look up it's MAC on the layer 3 device and track that down to a switchport. this depends on the switch brand but might help out a little.

• 5.  RE: IAP 105 default password not accepted

Posted Feb 04, 2015 02:00 PM

That is a great idea, but I can't even log into the switches.  the password listed for those are not working either.  I had thought that ma ybe I could login and power off the POE for the switch and make this one AP i have easy physical address to, the Master.  

I have a lot of work to do here to recover from a lack of good documentation and some re-organization of the network.

thanks again for the idea.

Bob

• 6.  RE: IAP 105 default password not accepted

Posted Feb 04, 2015 05:04 PM
    Do you have a back up file for the network configuration?

• 7.  RE: IAP 105 default password not accepted

Posted Feb 05, 2015 09:10 AM

no, I just started here last month when the past tech quit and I can't find much of anything.  I have emailed him but he has not been very helpful.