Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 "down"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 "down"

Posted Dec 17, 2013 11:54 AM

We are currently rolling out IAP networks on several sites. At one site the IAP will be periodically unreachable via ping. It is still broadcasting and functioning just unreachable. Then 10 min later viola, it is reachable. 

The port the IAP is connected to is setup identical to the other sites we have. They work perfectly like expected.

The IAP is v.6.3.1.1-4. I have never seen this behavior before and I am beat as to what the problem actually is. Have any Instant users saw this problem before?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 "down"

Posted Dec 18, 2013 08:46 AM

I take it you've observed this from a monitoring platform of some sort? I don't imagine you're sitting there with a constant ping running from a PC?!?! :smileywink:

10 minutes sounds more ARP related rather than an IAP reboot. Although granted normally 15 minutes is standard for this...

Can you validate it's not rebooted?

If it hasn't rebooted, it could be loads of things.

I guess you've checked wired and switch port errors to the AP etc?

With a view to "divide and conquer", your best option might be to get another IAP to site (with no radio config enabled), maybe on a different VLAN. See if that behaves the same? Is that practical?

• 3.  RE: IAP 105 "down"

Posted Dec 18, 2013 09:24 AM

Actually when I discover it is down I start a -T ping and contact someone at the site and monitor for 5-10 min thru pinging.

It has not rebooted. Confirmed this. 

Yesterday for instance, I discovered it was down and asked the onsite tech to try another port on the switch (grasping at straws at this point). The 105 came up for 6 requests then disappeared. However the VC never was reachable. Currently we only have one 105 and VC up at each site to test with (each site is in a different subnet).

After that we swapped out the 105 last night for a new 105. Since the swap all is fine. Everything is exactly the same config-wise. Problem is we will need to use the "problem" 105 when we finish the install. 

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: IAP 105 "down"

Posted Dec 18, 2013 09:39 AM

I see.

Based on that, it sounds like the IAP might be faulty? If it's not an old unit, the TAC should RMA it?

• 5.  RE: IAP 105 "down"

Posted Dec 18, 2013 10:03 AM

Im hoping that will be the outcome. Thanks for your input.

• 6.  RE: IAP 105 "down"

Posted Jan 03, 2014 09:01 AM

At the other sites were it works what firmware you have on the iAP's ?