Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105's dropping randomly

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 17, 2013 10:15 PM

Hi:

I have two seperate companies that we have installed the IAP-105's in.  Both are experiencing the same issues of random WiFI connectivity dropping out on any type of machines.

One company has two of these and the other has ten.  Also, both of these companies have two SSID's being hosted from these WAP's.  Both with one SSID hidden (the private network) and the other broadcasting (Guest/Public).

Both locations are running the latest firmware of 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.2_37229.

• Both SSID's we have the band setting set to "ALL"
    •  2.4 Ghz min = 1  max = 54
    •  5 Ghz min = 6  max = 54
    •  Both are running WPA2-Personal
    •  RF - Band Steering mode = 5ghz
    •  RF - Airtime Fairness mode = Fair access

Are there any other settings/config items I should provide for anyone to help us with this annoying problem?  We spent good money on these devices and the old Linksys G consumer WAP's were more reliable, broadcast range was greater and was faster.....and I can't believe this is the way it should be.

Thank you,

Stangride

• 2.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 17, 2013 10:27 PM
      |   view attached

At the company that has (10) IAP-105's, here is the "Sh AP Mgmt Frames" from one of the ten (See Attachment)

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2013 04:15 AM

Under both SSIDs under advanced, please enable broadcast filtering all and broadcast filter arp.

• 4.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 27, 2013 04:01 PM

I made that change, they are still dropping in both locations.

When I go to the "Fault History", I see the AP's going "DOWN" on a regular basis.  When they go down, they seem to come right back up in less than 45 secs.

Both clients are getting really irritated with this and are wondering if ARUBA devices are even any good!

Is there anything else we can do to resolve the random dropping?

• 5.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 27, 2013 05:22 PM

If an IAP-105 gets alot of traffic on it, will it cycle itself like the consumer models would or will it just slow down?

• 6.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2013 07:56 PM

@Stangride wrote:

I made that change, they are still dropping in both locations.

When I go to the "Fault History", I see the AP's going "DOWN" on a regular basis.  When they go down, they seem to come right back up in less than 45 secs.

Both clients are getting really irritated with this and are wondering if ARUBA devices are even any good!

Is there anything else we can do to resolve the random dropping?

Pleaase open a support case in parallel and have engineering take a look at the logs to determine what is really happening.  We can try to guess what is happening here on the forum, but support can take a look at the access points, get logs from you, get a network diagram and see if it is either a bug or something in your infrastructure that is causing this.

There is a reason why everything happens.  A support case is the best way to definitively get to the bottom of it.

• 7.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 27, 2013 07:01 PM
    Try using another code in one of the places that has less amount of IAPs and see that helps

• 8.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 27, 2013 07:52 PM
    What do you mean by another "code"?

• 9.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 30, 2013 10:57 PM

You should probably open a TAC case like cjoseph so they determine the root cause.

I experienced similar issues with that particular code but on the IAP 135.

What I meant about the code , is that you can upgrade to another code by going to the support site and downloading the code and then uploading it to the IAP :

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOWNLOADSOFTWARE/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=10798

You can upload the code by going to Maintenance > Firmware 

Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 10.56.41 PM.png

• 10.  RE: IAP-105's dropping randomly

Posted Apr 30, 2013 10:59 PM

This is a screenshot from the support site :

Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 11.01.30 PM.png