Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IAP 105

Posted Oct 14, 2014 04:51 PM

First let me say i am not the Aruba guy at work.  With that said, I have an IAP 105 running at my house (received free from an Aruba Event) and I also have a netgear Wireless router.  My question is how can I have Aruba not see my netgear as rogue?  

• 2.  RE: IAP 105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2014 04:59 PM

This is only available when you use AirWave to manage the Instant cluster.

• 3.  RE: IAP 105

Posted Oct 14, 2014 05:00 PM

If the Netgear and IAP are wired in the same subnet and the IAP can hear the Netgear over the air then it will ba classified as Rogue.  This behavior cannot be changed in IAP and you cannot re-classify the Netgear as "Neighbor" as you can in the Controller-based solutions.

There is no harm in the Netgear being detected as Rogue so long as you have Automatic Containment disabled (default).

• 4.  RE: IAP 105

Posted Oct 14, 2014 05:11 PM
    Classified as rogue, will this affect performance on either device?

Jason Lehman
    EmpRes Healthcare
    IT Support
    jlehman@empres.com
    W: (360)514-9330
    C: (360) 606-3386

[EmpResLogo]

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.

• 5.  RE: IAP 105

Posted Oct 14, 2014 05:13 PM

There is no harm in the Netgear being detected as Rogue so long as you have Automatic Containment disabled (default).

• 6.  RE: IAP 105

Posted Oct 14, 2014 05:13 PM
    Thanks

Jason Lehman
    EmpRes Healthcare
    IT Support
    jlehman@empres.com
    W: (360)514-9330
    C: (360) 606-3386

[EmpResLogo]

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.