Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

IAP-135 Licensing

I'm having our CDW rep quote me some IAP-135 for purchase on a new wireless deployment.  In addition to the IAP-135, he also quoted me a 32 AP license (Part num LIC-32-AP).  Is this really necessary?  I thought that was only when I purchased a mobility controller.  Since the IAP has an embedded controller, I didn't think that was needed.  am I wrong?


My rep was less than knowledgeable, so alas I am coming here.


Re: IAP-135 Licensing

You don't require the license for Aruba Instant (IAP) unless you want to convert the IAP into a regular campus or remote AP that terminates on the Aruba controller.