Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

Posted Feb 10, 2017 08:58 AM
      |   view attached

I have placed a brand new IAP 205, it has gotten an address via DHCP, and I can acces the GUI but the default username and password are not allowing me to log into the IAP. Although the default username and password allow me access to the CLI. I have attached the output of the "show aps" command and this ap hasn't join another cluster. Does anyone know how I can access the GUI of this?  

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

• 3.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:01 AM

I should've mentioned that, yes I have defaulted it, even though it is brand new. 

• 4.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:10 AM

If you cannot get into the AP, what commandline are you showing us in the screenshot?

• 5.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:24 AM

I cannot access the GUI, but the default username and password work in the CLI. I am showing the command "show aps" to show that this AP isn't joined to another cluster. 

• 6.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

Posted Feb 13, 2017 03:17 AM

What specifically is happening when you try and enter the credentials into the GUI? Is there a certificate error that is preventing access rather than a failure of the credentials.

• 7.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

Posted Nov 30, 2017 10:43 AM

I am having the same error with the default login not working after factory reset.  the error message is not a 'credentials failed' message.

• 8.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

Posted Dec 01, 2017 03:43 AM

Wich web navigator are you using ?

Maybe try with a different one, I know Firefox works.

• 9.  RE: IAP 205 GUI not accepting default username and password

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:40 PM
    your command 'show aps' actually shows no aps. That command should show the AP itself and it is not.

I have seen this when an AP joins a cluster that is 1) not the same model of AP and 2) not the same firmware version.

It is attempting to join the cluster but cannot because of the different models/firmware.

You sure there are no other clusters on this VLAN?

OR
    If there are no other IAPs on that vlan.
    what version of firmware are you running? Possibly attempt an upgrade of the firmware through the CLI using the 'upgrade' commands?

also, when you log into the IAP, does it mention anything about running the CLI in a degraded state?