Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 205 Mesh not working

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 205 Mesh not working

Posted Apr 24, 2016 03:23 PM

Hello,

I can’t get Mesh to configure using two IAP 205’s running ArubaOS (MODEL: 205), Version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11.

I’ve followed all the steps in all the articles I could find but even after disabling extended SSID, saving, and rebooting, I get “No mesh supported in current mode” running command “sh ap mesh link”.

When I check the AP’s using command “sh aps” I can see the EXT SSID shows enabled even when the GUI shoes disabled and the CLI does not show the extended SSID command.

I did notice that each SSID I’ve created shows an “essid “SSID HERE”” statement which is what I think is the issue.

So my question is what do I do to remove or replace the essid statement? I’ve tried no essid ssid but it fails. OR what do I need to do to get meshing to work?????

Thx

D

• 2.  RE: IAP 205 Mesh not working
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2016 03:26 PM

Mesh does not work for 802.11ac access points before IAP 4.2.x.x and above.

Please get the new code for your AP205 here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/20388/Default.aspx and try...

• 3.  RE: IAP 205 Mesh not working

Posted Apr 24, 2016 10:42 PM

Yep, that did it!

Thx