Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-205 connection problems

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP-205 connection problems

Posted Aug 16, 2016 09:46 PM

We have about 20 IAP-205 connected to a Aruba wireless instance controller.  Everything has been running great.  Today I added 3 IAP-205.  They lights on power lit and then all other lights come on.  After some time I came back an checked on  status.  Now only PWR (Green solid) ENETO,ENET1 (OFF), 5GHZ (AMBER solid), 2.4GHZ (AMBER solid).  They are not showing on the controller.  No changes have been made to controller.  I added 3 one week ago without problem.  I have only 20 showing on controller.  Thanks for the help.

• 2.  RE: IAP-205 connection problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 10:15 PM

You should plug in a console cable, login to the AP and type "show log system" to see what the problem could be.

• 3.  RE: IAP-205 connection problems

Posted Aug 16, 2016 11:00 PM

If I plug in a console cable, how do I login to the AP.  What steps do I need to do this?  Thanks for information.

• 4.  RE: IAP-205 connection problems

Posted Jun 07, 2017 06:28 AM

After connecting the console cable take a look into the Device manager of your Notebook to determine which COM Port the Console cable got. Then use putty to connect (Serial Line COMX Speed 9600).

@tnewton wrote:

If I plug in a console cable, how do I login to the AP.  What steps do I need to do this?  Thanks for information.