Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 205's Instant can't login after firmware update

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  IAP 205's Instant can't login after firmware update

Posted Nov 05, 2019 02:28 PM

I did the most recent firmware update on our Instant network, we have about 30 IAP 205s. 

I read that the update would change the admin account's password to be that of the AP's SN. (letters in all caps). 

I put in that combo, and it still won't let me in. I can ssh in with the old password but can't do anything with that, no configuration commands work.

Is there anyway I can switch which device is the controller so I can switch the AP that's hosting? Maybe I have the wrong SN for that specific AP, or is there another way in?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: IAP 205's Instant can't login after firmware update

Posted Nov 05, 2019 04:59 PM

Update:

I removed the IAP that the instant OS was redirecting to. It went to another IAP, and same problem. The username: admin and the SERIAL (all caps) for that new one it directed to didn't work either. 

I went ahead and tried all the serials for every IAP we have, and none of them work. 

And ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

• 3.  RE: IAP 205's Instant can't login after firmware update
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 05, 2019 05:19 PM

FINAL UPDATE:

After changing which IAP it redirected to as the master, I was able to get in through the CLI and change the pass. 

It didn't solve the mystery of the SN's not working, but I got back in.

• 4.  RE: IAP 205's Instant can't login after firmware update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2019 05:39 PM

The SN password on 8.5.x.x only works when the IAPs are new and unprovisioned.  If they are not new, then you should have been able to use your regular admin password.  

• 5.  RE: IAP 205's Instant can't login after firmware update

Posted Nov 05, 2019 05:50 PM

Gotcha. Well the admin pass didn't work after the firmware update I was unable to use the pass on the webui. The normal pass worked fine on the CLI, and then worked again on the webui after I changed it. 

• 6.  RE: IAP 205's Instant can't login after firmware update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2019 05:56 PM

So when you logged in with the original admin password, you couldn't make changes, but it let you change the admin password?  After you changed and logged in with the admin password, you could then change anything?