Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 205H WAN port

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 08:53 AM

HI All,

In IAP-205H, which port shall i connect to router (default gateway), is it Eth 0 ?

Also how do i configure this port to set ip address statically or via dhcp ?

• 2.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 08:54 AM

Port 0 is the default uplink on an Instant AP. You configure the IP address via the Instant UI (connect to the instant SSID and open a browser).

• 3.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 08:56 AM

Is it also mentioned in user , like which tab will allow be to configure it? sorry for such a dumb question, i am just starting out so getting a bit lost in all the options :)

• 4.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 08:58 AM
    If you click on the AP in the dashboard and click edit, you can set the IP address.

• 5.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 08:59 AM

Hi,

I check this user guide

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/InstantMobile/Advanced/Content/Instant%20User%20Guide%20-%20volumes/Uplink%20Configuration.htm

it says

Instant does not support configuration of an Eth0 uplink.

• 6.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 09:00 AM
    You're configuring the IP address of the AP, not the uplink of the port itself....

• 7.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 09:03 AM
    No, I want to configure ip address on the uplink port. Is it the same as configuring ip address of AP itself or is it different.

Basically my idea is, AP will use this IP to connect to its default gateway (Router).

Best Regards

Ovais Iqbal
    HP MASE Infrastructure/ CCIE # 37956 (R&S)
    Solution Architect
    HP Networking
    Hewlett Packard Enterprise

• 8.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 09:13 AM
    Yes, the AP's IP will be used.

• 9.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 12:32 PM

Hi Tim, 

Sir on my mentioned link 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/InstantMobile/Advanced/Content/Instant%20User%20Guide%20-%20volumes/Uplink%20Configuration.htm

why it says

Instant does not support configuration of an Eth0 uplink.

please help me understand 

• 10.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 12:48 PM
    I'm sorry, but I'm not following you. Please work with your Aruba Partner who can assist with your requirements.

• 11.  RE: IAP 205H WAN port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 12:58 PM

Hi Tim, 

I am from HPE so Aruba is something i will begin to look after. Sorry for such dumb questions but just getting a feel of it. 

If you refer to below link,

It says that instant doesnt support configuration of an Eth 0 uplink, i just wanted to know why is that. If i am not asking something really dumb, please help me understand.