Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-205H gets stuck!

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP-205H gets stuck!

Posted Feb 27, 2019 04:48 PM
      |   view attached

Hi community,

I have an IAP-205H which gets stuck at booting. I have seen several posts about this, but in many of them the device was an AP instead an IAP, which is not my case. I am sure my device is an Instant AP, I have factory reset the IAP several times, and when connected to the router, it doesn't get an IP by DHCP, it broadcasts the "instant" SSID, but I can't access through it, and it keeps restarting time after time. I have connected my laptop to the same router's port, and gets an IP by DHCP with no problems.

Finally, I have configured a static IP, mask and default gateway through the "setenv" commands, and connected the IAP to the router, and it can't ping the default gateway, and it keeps restarting the same way, the reboot reason is "Current uplink down, no useable uplink". I have configured the same way the same static IP, mask and default gateway to my laptop, connected to the same router's IP and can ping the default gateway with no problems. Attached the boot process of the IAP along with the "show tech-support", until the IAP rebooted again. Please your help with this!

Edit: the port of the IAP I am using is the E0/PT at the bottom, although I have also tested with the E1 at the bottom or the E0 at the back, with the same results. The System Status LED is green flashing when booting, after it turns off and the PSE LED turns orange. The IAP-205H Installation Guide doesn't mention the color orange of the PSE LED, just says color red with "PoE power sourcing error or overload condition", but I am powering the IAP with a DC power source.

Regards,

Julián

Attachment(s)

txt
    iap-205h.txt   245 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: IAP-205H gets stuck!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2019 08:53 PM

Have you tried updating the firmware to 6.5.4.x?

• 3.  RE: IAP-205H gets stuck!

Posted Feb 28, 2019 12:33 AM

Hi,

It's the last thing I can do. I will upgrade and let you know.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: IAP-205H gets stuck!
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 03:14 AM

Julián,

The log that you added shows: "Ethernet uplink not active yet". It appears that you did not plug the uplink in the E0.

The 205H has on the back two ports, E0 and PT. The E0 is where you need to connect the ethernet uplink (with PoE if you don't use the external power supply). In case you prefer to connect that cable on the bottom, you can put the short black jumper UTP cable in the E0 and PT on the back, which patches the E0 to the E0/PT port on the bottom. So the PT on the back is just a physical wire connection to the E0/PT port on the bottom.

Summary, two option to connect:

1) Plug uplink in E0 on the back. Don't use the jumper cable, the PT on the back and the E0/PT on the bottom.

2) Use the short black jumper/patch cable on the back to connect both ports, then connect to the E0/PT port on the bottom. It could be that the jumper cable is coming only if you have the RAP mount kit, so it could be that you don't have that.

I personally plug the E0 on the back when testing, and just use the jumper cable when I add the RAP mount.

• 5.  RE: IAP-205H gets stuck!

Posted Feb 28, 2019 10:33 AM
    Hi Herman,

As always you were correct. Once I connected the E0 and PT ports, the problem went away. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Regards,
    Julián