Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-214 External Antenna

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-214 External Antenna

Posted Jun 28, 2017 08:02 AM

Hi at All, is it possible on an IAP-214 enable only 1 external connector for an external antenna?

Thanks in advance

Andrea

• 2.  RE: IAP-214 External Antenna

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2017 07:19 PM

You can configure the AP for single-chain radio mode, where it will use ANT0 only (connecting to chain 0 for both radios, so still dual-band).

Question is why you would want to do that. Obviously MIMO is no longer working.

• 3.  RE: IAP-214 External Antenna

Posted Jul 02, 2017 03:12 AM
    It's because I have an external antenna with only one connector connected
    on ANT0. So I need only one antenna working.
    On IAP I don't find single chain mode, maybe it' csd override option?

• 4.  RE: IAP-214 External Antenna

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2017 05:09 PM

It is possible that this mode is not supported in Instant software.

• 5.  RE: IAP-214 External Antenna
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 09:38 AM

There is a 'CSD Override' (accessible from the CLI only) that disables all MIMO/HT rates, but it's not the same as what is in the controller to provision in 'single-chain' only. You could put the antenna on ANT0 and then put 50-ohm terminators on the rest, enabled CSD override, and that will get your close to where it will work, but obviously performance will not be great (though that's the consequence of using a single antenna element on a MIMO AP). 

Note this is NOT a proper solution, you will still have issues due to the AP thinking it should be getting signal from all the antenna leads. This is (I think) the most accomodative it can get with IAP.