Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

IAP 215/315/277 and ArubaOS8

I received an email from a sales person about upgrading our Aruba IAP clusters to the "new ArubaOS8."  I read the link they had about the OS and it looks interesting, however I can't really tell if any of this pertains to my equipment.  Can I migrate to the new OS with my IAP's?  If so, should I migrate?  Any information to clear this up would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: IAP 215/315/277 and ArubaOS8

There is no ArubaOS 8.x for instant available for download.  You should reply to the email and ask them the questions you posted here.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
ryh
Contributor II

Adding to what cjoseph said, if the IAPs were converted to CAP (controller-based) and you added controllers, then the AOS 8.x version could apply.
But campus is an entirely different approach.
ryh
Contributor II

Adding to what cjoseph said, if the IAPs were converted to CAP (controller-based) and you added controllers, then the AOS 8.x version could apply.
But campus is an entirely different approach.
Contributor I

So AOS8 is ONLY for controller based systems, not virtual controllers (IAP's)?  Sorry for asking such a dumb questions but I just don't want to fall behind.  :-)

Guru Elite

Correct.  Again, ask the sales person exactly what they are talking about.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: