Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-215 Radiation Pattern

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-215 Radiation Pattern

Posted May 25, 2016 05:16 PM

I am mounting an IAP-215 within chassis that has other electrical equipment/radiators nearby.  I have an anechoic chamber available to check how the other electronics affect/change the data sheet radiation pattern, but I need to set the AP to broadcast on a single frequency (essentially a continuous wave broadcast).

Is it possible to set an IAP to a specific frequency, to limit the modulation schemes, or to set it to broadcast on as a continuous wave on a single frequency?

I'm guessing that the ability to do this is hidden by to the user (both Web UI and CLI) and this is an aruba-only feature, but I'm really hoping to be able to check what kind of degradation the chassis has on the signal.

Thanks for your help!

• 2.  RE: IAP-215 Radiation Pattern

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2016 05:49 PM

You are correct, that capability is not exposed to the end user, and won't be as it would be in violation of many of our FCC regulatory resitrctions on Part 15 reqirements. Your best bet is to use a single HT20 in SISO mode (would require external antenna model), set datarate ot the lowest, associate a client and run a continuous data transmission. 

• 3.  RE: IAP-215 Radiation Pattern

Posted May 25, 2016 11:15 PM
    Ah, I figured that would be the case. Thank you for the reply!

I do actually have the external antenna model as well.

Do you have any documentation on configuring for SISO and reducing data rate?

MCS0 uses BPSK might be good enough for our purposes.

• 4.  RE: IAP-215 Radiation Pattern

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2016 11:23 PM

SISO is done when you provision an external antenna model AP (look on the provisioning page for Single Chain Mode, I don't have one handy right now). The rates are configured as part of the SSID, both in the SSID profile (Advanced tab) as well as the HT SSID profiles (disable all the HT stuff). 

• 5.  RE: IAP-215 Radiation Pattern

Posted May 26, 2016 06:51 AM
    Thank you for the information.

Any particular antenna or antenna orientation that I should use to best emulate the internal antenna model?

• 6.  RE: IAP-215 Radiation Pattern
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2016 08:13 AM

Closest is likely the ANT-13b for a single element antenna

• 7.  RE: IAP-215 Radiation Pattern

Posted May 27, 2016 08:55 AM

Okay!  Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.