Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: IAP 215 - Slow Download, Fast Upload speed

If at any point you feel like you are not getting anywhere with TAC, you can ask to have the case escalated.  In all fairness, when problems are brought to TAC, they have to figure out how to completely replicate your environment to theirs to even have a clue what is wrong.  There are many combinations of ways to break things; some that have been observed, and others that have never been observed.  You mentioned that you have sites that do not have your issue.  Try to figure out if there are any differences and bring that to TAC's attention, if possible.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

Contributor I

I haven't got around to calling TAC yet, however we had a no school day due to weather the other day and decided to do a few more speed tests and guess what...the speeds were what I would expect!  So we have this location and another school on the same private VLAN provided by our local PUD.  Decided to start working at the location in question and started adding devices to the wireless to see when it would start to choke.  Opened a Chromebook or 2.  Same, good speed.  Opened a Windows laptop and boom.  The speeds died down.  Looked at the task manager of the laptop and Windows updates were happening and were hogging a TON of bandwidth.  My guess is that if ANY device jumps onto this private VLAN and starts downloading Windows updates on that IAP cluster it just causes congestion and VERY poor speeds.  What is the suggest method to mitigating this?  We use a WSUS server but that is at a remote location from these (2) sites on the PUD VLAN.  I have disable WUDO via GPO on our windows domain clients (including laptops) but I have not throttle BITS via GPO which might be a thought.  I would prefer to do this through the wireless but I don't want to throttle other traffic per se.   Let me know how you would suggest tackling this.  Thanks again for all your help and putting up with me.  There are just so many variables that are tough to eliminate but luckily we had a snow day!

Highlighted
Contributor I

I should also mention that I have AirWave so that might be a piece to the puzzle of solving QoS when it comes to Windows Updates?

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

I had a similar problem and solved it by unchecking "legacy only" in RF settings/ radio

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: