Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

Posted Sep 08, 2016 09:09 PM
      |   view attached

All,

I have 2 IAP 215 on the same switch and at this time when I plug in AP #2, AP #1 VC is not ping able or available via GUI.  I brought up these access points 1 at a time.  AP 1 was first in the process of setting up a static Ip address for the AP and for the VC. I saved the config and tehn rebooted AP 1.  Once AP 1 was back up I plugged in AP 2 and set the IAP IP staticly and rebooted.  since this time I have determined when AP 2 is plugged into the switch I can't access the GUI of AP1 VC and when AP 2 is removed from the switch I can access AP 1 with no issues.  Both of these IAPs have been setup with static ip addreses on the same vlan.  I know this sounds crazy but I need more wisdom please and thank you in advance.  I have attached the logs from ap 1

Attachment(s)

txt
    AP 1 config.txt   3 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:42 AM

Bring one AP up with DHCP and connect to the instant SSID.

Upgrade to the latest 4.2.x.x here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/21998/Default.aspx

Shut it down.

Bring the second AP up with DHCP and connect to the instant SSID.

Upgrade to the latest 4.2.x.x here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/21998/Default.aspx

Bring both APs up on the same network with DHCP and login to one and see if you can see both APS.

• 3.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:44 AM
    Thank you I will do this right now

• 4.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:46 AM

It is important that you use DHCP first, to eliminate any possible ip addressing issues with discovery.  If it works, you can then move to static ip addressing..

• 5.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:51 AM
    Can I perform the code upgrade without being connected wirelessly. Not sure my customer has another computer e to connect with

• 6.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:51 AM
    Can I perform the code upgrade without being connected wirelessly. Not sure my customer has another compete to connect with

• 7.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:36 AM

I have followed your intruction.  At this time I still have the same issue. do you have any further suggestions.  

• 8.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:48 AM

Are they both on the same VLAN?

Are they both on the same version of code?

Can you SSH into both?

• 9.  RE: IAP 215 qty of 2 on the same vlan an both think they are masters
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2016 06:34 AM

My Appologies for the late update however, I have determined why when you plug 2 IAP 215 into the same HP 2915 switch one of them will be unreachable.  This instance happens when you don't configure the switch ports correctly.  I had an engineer configure the switch and he made all of the ports we were to be used by the IAPs into "trunk LACP" ports.  By doing this all of my ports are now tied together and access points should not be plugged into them.

thank you all for your help with this issue.