Controllerless Networks

Guru Elite

Re: IAP 225 & IAP 325 Processors

@kashan wrote:

how can we say  that  nothing can be derived from  RAM and  processor  ...dosnt that count for  better performance   and capability

Thank you 

The software determines how the hardware works, so looking at an AP based on CPU and memory does not automatically guarantee "better" performance.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

Re: IAP 225 & IAP 325 Processors

@kashan wrote:

yes  sure design is very  important  but think  if i have  planned well but  with  an AP  having  16kb of ram with  a very  poor processor ..than  do  you  think  that  my  design  or  planning is going to make any   difference  obviously not  .

Please tell me  in the light of your experience/knowledge that  325 with  low memory  (256Mb ram) will  give  better  performance  or 225  with  comparatively (512mb) high  memory will  do better  performance , processors should also  be considered  .

you can  assume  that  i have  no  11ac clients only  11b/g/n clients are  present ...  

The 325 you can think of as an AP225 that can service 802.11ac wave 2 clients.  From an RF perspective, It should similar if you have all 802.11a/b/g/n/ac clients.  You would get an AP325 if you would want to futureproof by getting 802.11ac wave 2 capabilities...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

Re: IAP 225

If you are planning high density with a/b/g clients with 60 clients per ap, you are limited by:

54megs/2/60 = .45 megabits of traffic per client.  That is under perfect conditions before you factor in any interference.

If you are planning on a/b/g/n your formula would be

130megs/2/60 = 1.08 megabits per client if they are all 2 stream 802.11a/n clients.  This is under perfect conditions and if no a/b/g clients associate to that access point.  If you limit it to 30 clients, you can at least get 2.1 megabits/client.

Long story short, planning for 60 users per AP does not give you much room for performance and you should not really plan like that if you expect any measure of performance.  It is the RF and the client capability that is limiting this performance, not the CPU

Are you working with a local Aruba resource on this project?  If so, they can steer you the right way.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

no answer

No answer? No answer to what? Sorry I'm not following. The answers provided seem to be sufficient to cover the original question. Was there a new question?

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: