Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 225 can't get Ip from DHCP server

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IAP 225 can't get Ip from DHCP server

Posted Dec 28, 2015 03:55 AM

I have one customer site, deployment was use DHCP server to assign IP to the 24 units IAP 225 and IAP 275. During the installation i'm directly mount the IAP to the locatio, the IAP doesn't get the IP address from DHCP server and  the 2.4Ghz & 5GHz LED light is orange color it doesn't broadcast the "Instant" SSID.

But when i directly plugin to the PoE injector it can't get the IP address and broadcast the SSID both LED light become green color. Then, i bring it to the original location that i want to mount it and it was working fine (can get IP address and broadcast, both LED are in green color). 

Please advise.

I notice when connect to the broadcast SSID and plugin wired to my computer it will automatically pop-up the browser and ask me signin with username and password. It was a sonicwall firewall captive portal. Does it cause by this?

#AP225

• 2.  RE: IAP 225 can't get Ip from DHCP server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 05:46 AM

You should plug in a console cable into that IAP and see what is happening.  With that information, we can tell you what could be going wrong.

• 3.  RE: IAP 225 can't get Ip from DHCP server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 05:46 AM

This may be a basic question, but did you try to plug another device into that connection to see if it gets DHCP?

• 4.  RE: IAP 225 can't get Ip from DHCP server

Posted Jan 03, 2016 09:15 PM

Problem solve already by using above method as i mentioned. But i don't know what's wrong.