Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 275 Point to Point

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 275 Point to Point

Posted May 03, 2016 05:36 PM

Hi,

I have a customer that needs to get connectivity to another building that is 450 feet away and has a clear unobstructed path.  Currently has a IAP 205 cluster in the office.  I am assuming putting a IAP 275 on each building and creating a point to point will work using the same cluster VC?  Also once the Point to Point is working he would like to deploy 3 additional IAP 205's to this new office space and broadcast the same networks that are in the main building.  

Suggestions for deployment?

• 2.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2016 05:43 PM

A couple of things.

* I would do AP-277s for the PtP

* The IAPs in the other building (hanging off the mesh point) will need to be in a separate VLAN than the IAP-277 PtP. IAPs nested behind IAP Mesh in the same cluster is not currently supported (last I checked, will check with PLM again as we've had some big code releases recently). 

• 3.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

Posted May 27, 2016 05:55 PM

Ok thanks for the info, we went with the 277's.  

@jhoward wrote:

A couple of things.

* I would do AP-277s for the PtP

* The IAPs in the other building (hanging off the mesh point) will need to be in a separate VLAN than the IAP-277 PtP. IAPs nested behind IAP Mesh in the same cluster is not currently supported (last I checked, will check with PLM again as we've had some big code releases recently). 

Can anyone on here confirm if one of the software releases has resolved this issue jhoward mentioned above?  I would like the AP's in the new building to join the cluster in the main building through the point to point.  I'll be installing this next week and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2016 08:33 PM

I was told this was resolved in the latest code, but it's not anything that I have tested yet.

• 5.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

Posted May 31, 2016 05:06 PM

Ok.  Would that be version 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1?  

• 6.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2016 05:20 PM

I was told 4.2.1.0, however it's not anything I have setup or will be able to setup until late June to validate.

• 7.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

Posted May 31, 2016 05:33 PM

Sounds good, I will be testing tomorrow and will let you know what happens.

• 8.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

Posted Jun 01, 2016 01:44 AM

Do you happen to have any step by step instructions for configuring this in the IAP VC?  

• 9.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 06:45 AM

Search here on the community, there are at least a dozen how-tos written up by our members on IAP mesh bridging.

• 10.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point

Posted Jun 01, 2016 10:55 AM

I guess my one big question is that the building that we are trying to get connectivity to currently has nothing more than a POE  switch.  So how would the two AP's have the ability to communicate with each other?  Do I connect the two in the same building first build the mesh then disconnect and move over to the the other building?

• 11.  RE: IAP 275 Point to Point
    Best Answer