Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP - 275 Questions

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP - 275 Questions

Posted Jun 10, 2020 08:08 PM

Hi community, thx for all the great help over the years.   A couple of quick questions.

1) Have an IAP-275 but the power cord has been lost.   Part number of "PC-OD-AC-P-NA" shows replacement options in excess of $100 and was looking for alternatives for this very unique AC connection.  (pic provided by another poster).   Assumed there has to be an alternative besides a 100-125 power cable.

2) I don't have a cat5 run to the remote location where this IAP will reside...but I do have AC Power.   I was planning to leverage Ethernet over Powerline to enable the WAN connection.   a) Anyone see an issue with that and b) have a recomendation on a Ethernet over Powerline solution.

I'm an novice with 3 x IAP 225s and 1 x 303H IAPs....need this IAP 275 for more coverage in an outdoor area.

thank you all in advance.    

Kev

• 2.  RE: IAP - 275 Questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2020 04:18 AM

Please check this post. You could get the connector kit which is just the connector and you can build your own cable to save some cost.

AC power outdoors comes with a lot of safety requirements. And for an AP you need for example a lock mechanism to prevent the cable from being pulled out. This is why you need to have special cables and connectors.