Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?

Posted Oct 13, 2016 03:33 PM
      |   view attached

I have a cluster of (2) IAP-277's located at our schools football stadium.  One seems to be working fine, however the other doesn't seem to have either of it's (2) radios working.  No clients will connect and in the monitor section of the GUI it is all flat lines.  I've tried wiping the configuration.  I've tried to downgrade firmware on the VC but it keeps saying file invalid and that was one I just downloaded from the Aruba site so not sure what to try next.  Hopefully someone has seen this behavior and can assist.

• 2.  RE: IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2016 03:49 PM

How is that AP277 powered?

• 3.  RE: IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?

Posted Oct 13, 2016 04:56 PM

Both of them are powered by a Cisco C3560 PoE switch.

• 4.  RE: IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2016 05:44 PM

Okay.  SSH into the IAP with the issue and execute the following "show ap debug system-status | begin "Power Status" and paste the output into a reply.

IAP-277# show ap debug system-status | begin "Power Status"
    Power Status
    ------------
    Operational State          POE-AT: No restrictions
    -----------------          -----------------------
    Current HW State           POE-AT: No restrictions
    LLDP Negotiated POE Power  0.0W

• 5.  RE: IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2016 05:54 PM

I take that back.  Your statement made me reevaluate my response.  I noticed one was drawing power off the switch (bad) and the other wasn't (good).  I went back and noticed that the PoE injector got unplugged and the switch stepped in.  Plugged the injector back in and all is good.  Thanks for making me look things over again!