IAP-303H Instant Mesh
09-06-2017 01:20 PM
I have an extising mesh working with a 325 and 205H. I did the usual process. bring them both up on the same VLAN, and then move the 205H to an location without LAN access. I plug the 205H into AC power, and it Meshes back to the 325 no issues.
I did the same thing with my 303h and it joins the cluster on Wired. However when i move it to the other location and plug it into the AC power, it does not connect bac kto the 325. Looking in the 303h data sheet it does say "wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available" and under features says "Secure enterprise mesh".
I'm running the latest instant 184.108.40.206 code
Has anyone else successfully configured Instant Mesh with 303H?
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Re: IAP-303H Instant Mesh
07-17-2018 08:43 PM
This solved it for me:
Setting up Instant Mesh Network
Starting from Instant 220.127.116.11-4.1 release, mesh functionality is disabled by default, because of which over-theair
provisioning of mesh IAPs is not supported.
To provision IAPs as mesh IAPs:
1. Connect the IAPs to a wired switch.
2. Ensure that the Virtual Controller key is synchronized and the country code is configured.
3. Ensure that a valid SSID is configured on the IAP.
4. If the IAP has a factory default SSID (instant SSID), delete the SSID.
5. If an extended SSID is enabled on the virtual controller, disable it and reboot the IAP cluster.
6. Disconnect the IAPs that you want to deploy as mesh points from the switch and place the IAPs at a remote
location. The IAPs power on without any wired uplink connection and function as mesh points and the IAPs
with valid uplink connections function as the mesh portal.