Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP-315-US

Hello everyone,

We just got 5 IAP315, the problem we are having is that after plugging in all of the ap's, only 3 work. The other 2 are on a reboot loop because they cannot get an ip. we use to have IAP-93-US and the same thing happened that's why we upgraded to the 315. I have tried moving them to different switches, but no luck. Any pointers?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: IAP-315-US

Try booting it up on a VLAN by itself.  Have you tried a reset?

Make sure they are IAP-315-US on the sticker.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

I called Aruba support, after looking at logs they said is because the ap cannot contact the gateway, he said to check the cabling and ports. I change the Ethernet cord and connected it to different ports but no results yet, maybe a faulty switch?

What is the configuration on the switch port? Is there anything in the switch logs such as the AP's drawing too much power? Might be worth attaching a console cable to one of the AP's and seeing if you can catch any output just before the AP reboots.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor I

Only output is gateway unreachable on the ap, I plugged in a laptop on the same port and no problems. I plugged in another wap from a different company no errors( took out all Aruba was before doing so :) ).
Occasional Contributor I

Only output is gateway unreachable on the ap, I plugged in a laptop on the same port and no problems. I plugged in another wap from a different company no errors( took out all Aruba was before doing so :) ).
Occasional Contributor I

Hello all,

After investigating with TAC, we cleared the configuration on the AP that had the issue, connect it back and it worked. I was reseting them manually before, dont know if that makes much difference. But it is solved now. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: