Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

Posted Aug 24, 2018 04:26 AM

Hello,

I'm new to Aruba APs and just bought one IAP-315 running as a standalone AP @home.

It's running the most recent airos 6.5.x to which it got upgraded after pressing the "upgrade" button in the webgui. Afaics this Model should also be able to run airos 8.x. Unfortunately I couldn't find out how to upgrade ans no option is given in the webgui. In the download area unter "lifetime warranty software" you cannot download the current 6.5.x software let alone the 8.x airos.  I don't own any licenses.

I couldn't find any further information, but maybe I missed it. Any help would be much apprechiated.

Thanks

J.

• 2.  RE: IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 10:18 AM

@smearbread wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to Aruba APs and just bought one @IAP-315 running as a standalone AP @home.

It's running the most recent airos 6.5.x to which it got upgraded after pressing the "upgrade" button in the webgui. Afaics this Model should also be able to run airos 8.x. Unfortunately I couldn't find out how to upgrade ans no option is given in the webgui. In the download area unter "lifetime warranty software" you cannot download the current 6.5.x software let alone the 8.x airos.  I don't own any licenses.

I couldn't find any further information, but maybe I missed it. Any help would be much apprechiated.

Thanks

J.

This doc may help: https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/faq/FAQ_product_warranty.pdf

• 3.  RE: IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

Posted Aug 24, 2018 10:56 AM

Thank you Charlie!

So now I understand that "limitzed lifetime warranty" is nothing my IOAP-315 falls under (at least atm).

But the main question remains: how/where to get airos 8.x for the IAP-315? The download section requires me to have a support contract but [1] states that for IAP I don't have t purchase anything additional.

Any help much apprechiated!

[1] https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/IAP-Licenses/m-p/15246

• 4.  RE: IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 11:20 AM

The lifetime software warranty provides bug fix firmware updates for the version you purchased. It does not entitle feature software upgrades. To get AOS 8.x prior to it being marked as a bug fix for your current version, you would need to have a support contract.

• 5.  RE: IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

Posted Aug 26, 2018 06:53 AM

Dear Charlie,

thanks for your reply, even though it's not what I expected let alone what I would have liked to hear. 

Best

J.

• 6.  RE: IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

Posted Oct 08, 2018 12:53 PM

Well, I contacted aruba sales more than 4 weeks ago, asking for a quote for a license for a single instant AP for upgrading aurbaos to 8.x. They didn't bother to answer...

• 7.  RE: IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 02:18 PM

@smearbread wrote:

Well, I contacted aruba sales more than 4 weeks ago, asking for a quote for a license for a single instant AP for upgrading aurbaos to 8.x. They didn't bother to answer...

Thats disappointing. Where did you buy the IAP-315 from? I've purchased from resellers like CDW (if you are U.S. based) in the past who were set up to handle the volume of low unit count sales, since I was buying one or two APs at a time along with support.

• 8.  RE: IAP-315 and ArubaOS 8.x?

Posted Oct 26, 2018 08:42 AM

thanks @cclemmer for your reply. I searched around but couldn't find any provider for a license. My original seller cannot provide any.