Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-325 introduction into network mix

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-325 introduction into network mix

Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:04 AM

Afternoon all,

I've updated our IAP-205,115,103 cluster with firmware 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1_54637 in order to accomodate our new IAP-325.

However, when I link IAP-325 onto our network (Eth0), the system status light comes on with static Green, the IAP doesn't show up in the mix under Instant OS. There is also no radio status light - it looks like the radio is off. I scanned our network and found the device was on our network with LAN IP. I then tried to login into it by using our admin/[our password] but it didn't work. I even tried admin/admin but it still didn't work.

What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to connect and setup using Console port? and if yes, is there any guide that I can read to get it working please?

Many thanks in advance

Kindest regards

J.

==============

Name:

Aruba Operating System Software

Type:

Build Time:

2016-04-15 05:29:50 PDT

Version:

6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1_54637

======================================= 

• 2.  RE: IAP-325 introduction into network mix

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:10 AM

You should boot the IAP by itself on a different network.  Upgrade it to 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1_54637, then add it to the cluster.

• 3.  RE: IAP-325 introduction into network mix

Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:13 AM

Thanks for a quick reply Colin, Unfortunately I don't have a separate network. Though when you say separate network, how will I access the IAP when admin/admin details aren't working? Do these devices have different credentials to log onto them?

Kindest regards

J.

• 4.  RE: IAP-325 introduction into network mix
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:19 AM

admin/admin should work, but sometimes it would take up to 5 minutes for the SSH/Gui daemon to start accepting connections.  The IAP-325 does not run GA code, so it cannot be automatically updated when it joins a cluster; you need to do that manually, first, and then try to boot it in the same subnet with the cluster.

When I said separate network, I mean any other network with DHCP, but it might not be necessary.

• 5.  RE: IAP-325 introduction into network mix

Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:31 AM

Thanks Colin, so if I may, I can still plug the IAP-325 onto my current network, login using admin/admin and update the firmware using TFTP server/client.

The System status light is static right now and I can get to the GUI however it is still not accepting admin/admin details. I'll wait for another 10 mins before trying again.

Kindest regards

J.

• 6.  RE: IAP-325 introduction into network mix

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:50 AM

You can try that, yes...

• 7.  RE: IAP-325 introduction into network mix

Posted Jun 17, 2016 11:00 AM

you could also take the IAP-325 home with you. Let it boot there and then upgrade to the same version as the other IAP's. Afterwards just bring it back and plug in. 

• 8.  RE: IAP-325 introduction into network mix

Posted Jun 20, 2016 03:20 AM

We've got it!

Thank you so much Colin and JCelis. I plugged the IAP-325 onto another network, logged onto it using admin/admin and uploaded the Hercules 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1_54637. Connected back to our network and hey presto!! It is working.

Here are the two things that I noticed:

1. If you plug the new IAP-325 into the same network and try to login, it wouldn't let you login to IAP-325 portal instead it will keep referring to currnet controller, whatever it may be IAP-225, 115, 103 etc. You really need to plug it into another network.

2. There is another great option in IAP-325, upload image via file upload, which is missing in IAP-225/115. This means, you no longer have to rely on TFTP Server or http. You can upload the image straight from the file.

3. You only need to upgrade/update firmware on one IAP-325, once it's added into the mix and working, you can add more IAP-325s straight away. You don't need to configure them outside of network - it will pick the configurationa and firmware from the IAP-325.

Kindest regards

J.